August 18, 2009: Women Of Couture

This morning, we woke up before the sun. The coolness in the air had been lingering about all night and you could smell the dawn approaching. The stars, though few, still shimmer in our dark blue sky as we pack our bags and head west. Today, JHPhotography is heading to San Antonio to meet A'ja of www.womenofcouture.com to shoot their commercial for their line of shoes and HER energy drink. The entire production was written and produced by A'ja herself. The video production crew and I were just there to add our cinematographic ideas and to put it all on film. Josephine, Mike of www.teamshiftpoint.com, Costas of www.digitalremix.net, Lee and I cram ourselves and all our gear into Josephine's car and head west.

This was quite an interesting experience for all of us. We had never done anything quite like this before. I just knew to concentrate on the shoes! We devised some low laying rigs and set them to different locations and angles. I don't know, we tried a number of different elements with our new gear. The video was to be aired just a few days later at the Women of Couture Fashion Show. This gave us a really limited amount of time to put everything together. It was a fun, yet tiring experience. I'm just glad we all got to be a part of it. The final copy is slightly different than the vimeo video that I have at the bottom, but pretty much the same angles and direction.

Special thanks to Josephine, Mike, Costas, and Lee for dealing with me the entire day with my 6 hours of driving and 8 times listening to the same Taylor Swift song on the radio! I love it!

This is the production video that was aired at the Women of Couture Fashion Show.




Here is a little video/slideshow of the actual Fashion Show that day that Costas, Lee and I put together real fast. Just turn up the volume and hit play!










JHP.






No comments:

Post a Comment